Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Thanks man. I'm in the gulf of mexico at work right now.. working nights. Hard to keep up with/make all these orders when you are awake opposite of everyone else lol. I know I've probably drove zippy half nuts by now.i didn't think about that, I bet your right lol.
yea it sucks lol, stay tuned!!

I feel your pain I'm on nights up here in Alaska drilling for gold. Nights are rough, first time in 3 years I've had to do nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

man upload some pics!!! Here's one from here on the Neptune Spar

post-25370-137527171303_thumb.jpg

Here's one from the other night. A lot smaller of a rig than yours. We only go 1750'. I believe that was a 1500' -45deg. Hole. Takes about 3-4 days a hole running 24's.

etanydez.jpg

Here's one from the other night. A lot smaller of a rig than yours. We only go 1750'. I believe that was a 1500' -45deg. Hole. Takes about 3-4 days a hole running 24's.

dang man that's cool. I don't work on that rig, just on the platform. Be safe!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

You guys drilling oil or NG?
I'm a production operator on the platform. We produce oil and NG. Thats actually a pulling tower with a 425k hydraulic winch on it to pull out a bouyancy can. (84" xx heavy pipe 535' long full of water)

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Heads and cam ordered!!! Got them from summit. Heads are the Trick Flow 225 assembled. I went with the trick flow cam as well. Heres the cam specs. post-25370-137541188096_thumb.jpg

Man that hurt. Anybody wanna loan me some money?

Hey guys, Im needing a little help. Ive got just about everything i need to start my build when i get home from work. Heres a list of what i have in total:

3 cases of beer and a mini fridge.

New lights in the shop.

Tools organized and ready.

FAST LSXRT 102mm intake manifold.
TPIS LS2 102mm billet polished electronic throttle body with X Link.
Yella Terra 1.8 rocker arms
MSD wires.
Melling high flow oil pump.
New lifters.

New lifter buckets/guides.
160º stat.
2x head stud kit.
New Crank Bolt.

New timing gear set with chain.

TrickFlow 225 CNC heads

TrickFlow cam. 228/230 .585/.585 112LSA

ALL NEW GASKETS (accept for heads, gotta get them)

I think thats all, it was a big order and may be forgetting some stuff. My question is... I need to get some pushrods. I know they have to be 7.5" (according to TrickFlow) but i see there is an option for different diameter rods.. Whats the difference? Bigger diameter=stronger rod? Or is there more to it than that? I need to get some on order asap for I am tackling this motor next weekend, but i dont wanna order the wrong thing. Help me out guys!

Got it, 7.500X5/16 TrickFlow pushrods on the way. I get home from work Wednesday the 7th. Even though im working nights and will be dead tired when i get home...The build will begin!!! Ill be pulling my computer out and sending to Zippy as soon as i get home to try and have it back before the weekend. Ill be sure to post lots and lots of pictures.

If I were you I would check your pushrod length before ordering a whole set. Or at least then you install the rockers make sure the swipe is OK and preload is correct before bolting all them in to find out you need a different size. I haven't installed a set of 1.8 rockers so I don't know for sure what length it would take with a stock (assuming) base circle on the cam. Do you have a balancer install tool and a flywheel lock? If your doing it by yourself I would get both for sure.

Good luck on the build and have fun. Double check your torque and assembly and have a few beers!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

If I were you I would check your pushrod length before ordering a whole set. Or at least then you install the rockers make sure the swipe is OK and preload is correct before bolting all them in to find out you need a different size. I haven't installed a set of 1.8 rockers so I don't know for sure what length it would take with a stock (assuming) base circle on the cam. Do you have a balancer install tool and a flywheel lock? If your doing it by yourself I would get both for sure.

Good luck on the build and have fun. Double check your torque and assembly and have a few beers!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I have niether of those tools lol. I did, however get the same response fron zippy, and trickflow on what pushrods to use. I am most definitely doing it myself. If worst comes to worst, I've got a buddy that turns wrenches for GM and he would be more than happy to come help. Ill definitely have him over when setting rockers. I know I can do it, but don't have the fancy tools ya no? Thanks for the good luck. Pics coming soon!

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

push rod length needs to be checked. And when you have the preload you want, wipe needs to be checked. Your throwing some awesome parts at this truck, dont skimp out out. Do the checking. The yella terra rockers come with shims that can be added under the pedistal to help tweak in preload for a given push rod, or help choose one that gives you the perfect preload you want. I went through about an hour or two of using an adjustable push rod and a dial indicator to check how much preload i had with like 3 available push rod lengths and then with and with out shims. I think i settled on like .012 on one side and like .020 on the other with different length push rods(cam has two sized lobe circles.)

theres also different theories on why one guy wants .012 preload and one guy want .110 preload. I choose the little preload theory, if your lifter pumps up with oil pressure and holds the valve open, my lifter can only pump up .012. Allowing minimal air to pass the valves when they should be shut, also helping to maintain piston to valve. The other theory is, if you preload the lifter almost all the way, if the valve spring overcomes the lifter pressure it can only push it down so far before the piston bottoms out and the valve opens anyway. In my set up, i could loose over .100 of cam lift if the spring pressure pushes the lifter plunger down, but i dont think it can. Thats what i chose to believe. You can make up your own mind, or....just bolt it together and not care about the details.

I also do not torque the yella terra rockers like our stock set up. Because each cylinder is on a shaft, torque can be skewed(imo) if the other rocker arm is trying to close a valve spring even if the one your torqing is not. I guess its splitting hairs, because if the lifters are not pumped up it will just push the push rod down, but i never took the chance. I wait until the cylinder is on the compression stroke and therefore both lifters are on the base circle of the cam.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)