Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Like this?

I believe i can handle it. My chevrolet mechanic friend has all kind of pretty tools. Ive spoken to him, and he said hes ready to help me set all of that. Thanks alot for the info ShadowSniper. You have been a big help.

I also just ordered the Kurt Urban Water Vapor kit and collection block with the mounting bracket for the FAST 102. I get on a helicopter in just a little while to go home, Ill upload pics of all my goodies soon as I make it home.

i used a small angled head prybar to very carefully pry it down for enough clearance. I also loosened all the oil pan bolts(not take them out) so i could drop the pan down enough. I also tied fishing line around the bolt for the pick up tube, so when i dropped it in the oil pan, it was very easy to get it out.

Thanks for the tips. I walked away from the truck for the day. I did get the new cam greased up and installed. Got lifters and rockers soaking in oil. I just had to take a break. I just came in from work this past wednesday and I was working nights so my sleep schedule is all messed up. I was out there till almost midnight last night, and been out there since 4 this morning. Its 3:00pm here right now. I'm whipped, and aggravated. Time to shut it down before I blow something up lol

Whew! So after an entire day of fighting the oil pump, the melling pump is now on, and the cam is installed along with tb the timing set and I did time it. Starting tomorrow morning, put the timing cover on, put heads on and new rockers, and start dressing the new intake manifold. Getting close!!

Glad you didn't give up on the pump. Proves character and provides you with more experience. Even though you don't really need it.....lol.

What's the lifter preload?

Remember to seal the intake studs?

Assembly lube on valve tips and both push rod ends?

What head gasket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you didn't give up on the pump. Proves character and provides you with more experience. Even though you don't really need it.....lol.

What's the lifter preload?

Remember to seal the intake studs?

Assembly lube on valve tips and both push rod ends?

What head gasket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

yea man that pump just about whipped me. Definitely was not expecting that. Not sure of the lifter preload just yet. Yes, I took a mental note to seal the studs on the intake rockers. And got me a brand new bottle of royal purple assembly oil. And I have 2 brand new GM OEM head gaskets.