Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Ok guys, ill make it as short as I can. First and foremost, kurt Urban performance water vapor kit=GARBAGE!!!! Complete total waste of money. Hoses too short, bracket for collection block doesn't fit intake, AN fittings are made of plastic seems like. Actually, plastic would be stronger. So waste of money there. Ok sorry lol.... the fast 102.. absolutely no problems. Everything works. Sensors plug right in. I wish the purge valve mounted a little different, but for the most part, slapped it right in. Rocker arms hitting stock valve covers so had to get some of them. Local race shop had them. Still had to grind on the new ones right where they sit on the heads on intake side. My damn water pump is leaking from gaskets so gotta redo that, And the Kurt Urban is leakimg a bit at the back of the passenger side head so gotta fix that as well. Now, here's the most dreaded thing ever... got the whole build done.. the last 4 bolts, putting the TPIS throttle body on, plugged in to the xlink, I look at my buddy and say.. lets crank this bitch! !! I get in the truck, turn the key on, and instantly have reduced engine power codes, and just about every code possible dealing woth throttle sensors. P0120, 0220, 1518... so, I try to crank it. It starts, and dies 2 seconds later with no response at throttle body from pedal. Plug in my scanner, wipe codes, with key on, throttle body moves, but does the same thing as soon as I start the truck. Instantly get REP and throttle body closes and truck dies. I started tracing wiring, and it all checked out ok. So I pointed at the xlink and called Zippy. We both thought it was the xlink. Called a friend of mine and he brought his 2011 LS3 vette to my house. Removed his throttle body, put on my truck and plugged it into xlink, truck started and ran fine. THE TPIS 102MM THROTTLE BODY IS BAD!!!!! THE SENSORS INSIDE ARE NO GOOD/DAMAGED WHEN THEY FABRICATED IT!!!! I'm furious. So now I get to call them and I'm sure it won't go easy. They will try to blame it on my core throttle body I sent to them. I sure. I hope not. It was a brand new core. And naturally I go back to the gulf of mexico to work wednesday so won't be able to drive it until next time I get home. *2weeks!! Here's what it looks like

post-25370-137687966482_thumb.jpg

post-25370-137687993729_thumb.jpg

hope you get it sorted out. wish u had pics of what u did to the valve cover on inside. i have same set and have to try to reinstall them cause one was touching rocker. there a B**** to line up

There isn't a clearance issue. Its the side of my rockers. The outermost edge on intake side of the rocker was touching the rim of the cover where it seats to the head. Even after grinding a little they hit. I had to take them all the way down nearly to the rubber seal with the dremel. Only on front and back cylinder of each head for some reason.

post-25370-137694501235_thumb.jpg

post-25370-137694502915_thumb.jpg

TPIS are awesome people. Sent a great apology, and sent a UPS truck to pick up the throttle body and assured me they would make it right. Now Kurt Urban on the other hand, fighting to get what I need out of them. I was told on email: "Ill be out until friday, and don't always answer the phone, but its worth a try"

Wtf is that! Ur kit is crap, I need more parts, and can't get any help. I'm pretty hott about that whole thing. Cant find the AN fittings I need anywhere. Ill have it running soon!