2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a chance to see the "Texas" edition at the Houston Auto Show a few weeks ago...

I gotta tell ya the thing looks really slick up close and personal. The one I looked at was a Chevy.

The chrome 20's look really nice for being a factory wheel.

Wish I had remembered my digital camera, there was a nice display next to it relaying the same info mentioned here.

The reason we originally called it the "Texas Truck" was because that was going to be the only place we could sell the 2004i version. Since the first concept Louisanna and Ohio have agreed to sell it without "CAFE" penalities for this year. 2005 versions will be called the "Performance Package" and will start production in November of 2004.

The reason we originally called it the "Texas Truck" was because that was going to be the only place we could sell the 2004i version. Since the first concept Louisanna and Ohio have agreed to sell it without "CAFE" penalities for this year. 2005 versions will be called the "Performance Package" and will start production in November of 2004.

still extended cab only?

:chevy:

I saw my first "TX Edition" I quess approx. 2-3 weeks ago at a local dealer here.

It had evey option ex. leather & engine block heater. Very nice red color, but I would have to remove the ugly black molding on the 2 doors. I have since seen 1 white GMC and 3 other Chevy's- all ext's cabs with leather. Very nice looking rides, but no luck on a "test drive" yet!! I think sticker was $32,500 on the cloth truck and around $36,000 or less for the LOADED leather trucks. I like the GMC the best... :pop:

Jon Rice

TX

Just bought one. It's the chevrolet version in the birch (silver) color. Sticker was $32,940 and I paid just over $25,000. My brother-in-law bought one too. They are beginning to show up unanounced at the dealerships in our area. The dealers haven't ordered them and didn't realize what they were when they arrived. GM is just slipping them into the orders.

The badging on the side reads "VORTEC" in silverish lettering with the words "HIGH OUTPUT" in red lettering just below it.

An advisor at my dealership informs me that with about $4000 for some Patriot heads, cams and a couple of other minor engine changes, this engine will produce 500 HP to compete with the SRT.

This truck launches beautifully. Both rear tires break loose for just a split second and then they bite hard. I owned a 1996 Impala SS and this truck is much faster and impresses me more than the Impala did.

I'm told it is faster than the Silverado SS because it is over 500 lbs lighter and it's turning a 3:73 rear over the SS's 4:10.

I believe this truck is going to spread like wildfire if GM keeps building them beyond the initially planned 3000 units. They'll probably boost the ponies up to about 380 for the 2006 version. I'll post some pic's once I learn how to work this website.

how about some pictures....... :pop:

track asap also. :D

i think that truck should go about a 14.6 to 14.8 stock. i'd rather see it have the 4.10 gear, but no 2wd gets them at this point.

I'm with Ben.... I think the SS with the 4:10 rear end will more than make up for the weight deficit. The three to five hundredths the other truck is spinning would be twenty or thirty feet lead for the SS and that's stock. A 3000 stall converter would put the SS way out in front! I don't know if the other truck would overcome it because of gearing in say a half mile or so, but it would be a close race!

Hey d_a_n_payne your cardomain link isn't working

I want to see more wheel pics  :smash:

Welcome to site, nice rims  :thumbs: KMCs right?

- edit -

Figured out a link that would work

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/434545

Thanks, they are the Thunders 20x9s.

payne..that is one sick stereo set-up...man that must be loud 

The system is loud but I am selling it now: Power Hx2 15 2000watts

Power Hx2 15 2000watts

I am trying to sell the box too. I will sell or trade it for cheap. Since it weighs so much.

The other day I turned up Act a fool by Master p and the longest crack i have ever seen went down and across my windshield. You know on movies when they swing their sword and the light blings off of it real fast and real bright? Thats what it looked like. Now i gotta get that brow done again. Any other ideas for it?

Archived