2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dealerships in my area are being told that the "High Output" truck has been discontinued by GM :sigh: They are being told that there are no plans to build them next year either. Is it possible that GM has "killed" it already :sick: I know a couple of guys that are trying to purchase them and have been told this same thing. They have become sick :puke: They have been told that GM put these trucks out as feelers to help decide which direction to go with the new Silverado SS. Does anyone know if this rumor holds any water.

Extremely curious :wtf:

Louis.

I wonder if this truck will provide any help to people seeking a 2wd SS.

IE, this truck is on our frame, but running a 2wd setup. There MUST be some interchangeable parts under there.

I wonder how things are done in regards to where the front differential should be, and spindles and axles and what-not.

nice looking truck!!! that is the one showing up in the tv commericals

I haven't been lucky enough to catch one of those commercials. How is the commercial laid out and does the commercial mention that the truck is equipped with the 6.0 liter? If GM is starting to advertise nationally, then maybe plans for a 2005 model haven't been shut down.

nice looking truck!!! that is the one showing up in the tv commericals

I haven't been lucky enough to catch one of those commercials. How is the commercial laid out and does the commercial mention that the truck is equipped with the 6.0 liter? If GM is starting to advertise nationally, then maybe plans for a 2005 model haven't been shut down.

no , it is just the announcer saying this is chevy truck month, and the spring special truck driving across the desert, shows a tahoe, then, the colorado

The more I look at this truck the less I think I like it. It has a few of the alluring amemnities of the SS but on the whole, it's a mimic. I much prefer the SS.

I don't understand why the trucking public can't accept the fact that the GM (Chevy) designers and engineers wanted the SS to be a AWD vehicle, and just built it the way they envisioned.

Sure after they did all the work a few of us guys can come along and pass judgement on their efforts and improve on the product, but for a production vehicle I think they nailed it pretty good. All of the foundation is pretty functional. I love the way the SS moves off the line with the AWD. It's very plush for a truck, has a great attitude, and turns heads at every stop light.

If you want to hot rod it that's fine, but they are building it the way they intended it. If you want a 2 wheel drive, then for the time being, it's not gonna be an SS.

I'm sure the SS is all about CAFE regulations, or SMOG laws, or 49 state legal power production or some BS like that, but I love it just the way it is. Not saying there isn't room for improvement, but, I applaud GM for their efforts!

Call me old fashioned, a purist, or whatever, but I have a Silverado SS, and it is basically stock, sans a few minor mods, and I love it just the way it is. I also have a two wheel drive truck and it doesn't compare to the SS.

You don't see a bunch of people trying to compare a Camaro to a Vette, give each of GM's creations their respected space! :cheers:

The more I look at this truck the less I think I like it. It has a few of the alluring amemnities of the SS but on the whole, it's a mimic. I much prefer the SS.

I don't understand why the trucking public can't accept the fact that the GM (Chevy) designers and engineers wanted the SS to be a AWD vehicle, and just built it the way they envisioned.

Sure after they did all the work a few of us guys can come along and pass judgement on their efforts and improve on the product, but for a production vehicle I think they nailed it pretty good. All of the foundation is pretty functional. I love the way the SS moves off the line with the AWD. It's very plush for a truck, has a great attitude, and turns heads at every stop light.

If you want to hot rod it that's fine, but they are building it the way they intended it. If you want a 2 wheel drive, then for the time being, it's not gonna be an SS.

I'm sure the SS is all about CAFE regulations, or SMOG laws, or 49 state legal power production or some BS like that, but I love it just the way it is. Not saying there isn't room for improvement, but, I applaud GM for their efforts!

Call me old fashioned, a purist, or whatever, but I have a Silverado SS, and it is basically stock, sans a few minor mods, and I love it just the way it is. I also have a two wheel drive truck and it doesn't compare to the SS.

You don't see a bunch of people trying to compare a Camaro to a Vette, give each of GM's creations their respected space! :cheers:

I like the production SS as well. I like the body kit, the wheels, and the AWD.

Now, would it be so hard to make a REGULAR CAB?!?! What is it 2 extra parts?

I think a AWD regular cab would be an awesome truck :thumbs:

Been following these posts for some time and wanted to thank everyone for all of the info that you guys brought to the forum. Probably would not have moved fast enough to get one of these trucks this year without your help. Don't know what's going to happen next year, but it's already become downright impossible to get a 2004 model. If GM doesn't build anymore, we may have a "collector" on our hands. Interesting note; My truck was built in March, 04 and it has the "High Output" badge on it. The truck my bro-in-law bought was built in April, but didn't have the badge. Neither did any of the trucks that we saw on the lots in our area. All of the dealerships in our area tell me that my truck was the only one they'd seen that had this badge. It looks as if GM didn't plan on continuing the line and they ran out of badges. Weird :wtf:

I don't feel that this truck is a mimic. Just like the SS, it's an evolution of the Silverado. An evolution guided by economics, marketing, restrictions and input from consumer's :cheers: . This truck apeals to many consumers who are looking for the performance of the 6 liter, but in a more practical package (and pricetag). I know alot of people who will be dissapointed if production doesn't continue. It won't hurt my feelings if they kill it, as this will only make my truck more valuable. Kinda like the 1996 Impala SS I bought. Drove it for almost 4 years and sold it for exactly what I originally paid.

The Silverado SS is a beautiful vehicle in ALL of it's aspects and I really do enjoy logging on just to see them. You guys really do have some awesome looking trucks :thumbs:

I can't wait to see GM finally come out with a regular cab SS!! (Hang in there 2drTahoe, it's gonna happen) It won't be practical for me because my two boys and my wife seem to want to go everywhere with me and therefore I'm kinda stuck with the extended cab (for now). I'll just have to admire other people's ;)

"Good job!" to everyone who built this site. It is really set up nice and offers alot to anyone with an interest in the SS :pop: Talk to you later :seeya:

Archived