2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

people do except the truck with it's awd. i don't like the fact that they gained absolutely nothing by having the awd system over the autotrak option already being used across the board other than no more buttons to push. this truck may be how gm envisioned it, but they also envisioned it as sell well and selling well it is not. i also like the truck and i've even spent some time cruising around in one for my own amusement and it's just not my thing personally. on the other hand it goes back to the old argument that once they stuck the ss badge on the truck performance is what was expected and it's kinda hard to be impressed the trucks stock performance. it does very well for it's size, but it doesn't hold a candle to the other performance trucks out there. the 6.0 should have just been put out in all half ton's as an option with an ss "apperance" package as an option.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yall can pickup this truck in El Paso, Texas. Rudolph off of I-10 has 3 on their lot. With my GMS discount I can pickup one for ~$23K with the current rebates.

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE

STANDARD GMS VEHICLE PRICE $ 23,139.30

Options installed by Manufacturer

SILVERADO PERFORMANCE PACKAGE:

6.0L HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE

20" CHROME ALUM WHEELS

HIGH PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION

$ 2,365.50

TX/OK/LA/CA/FL/NM EQUIPMENT

FOG LAMPS

AM/FM STEREO W/CD & CASSETTE

HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER

(REQUIRED FOR TX/OK/LA/CA/FL/NM

TRUCK DISCOUNT BELOW FOR

RESIDENTS - OK,TX,LA,CA,FL,NM &

PARTS OF KS,AR,MS,AL,SC & GA

SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS)

$ 219.95

SIX-WAY POWER DRIVER SEAT

$ 199.20

OSRV MIRROR W/DRIVER SIDE AUTO

DIMMING, PWR FOLD & ADJ,

HEAT, TURN SIGNAL

$ 176.79

TRACKING CODE FOR 50U REPLMENT

$ -830.00

LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL

$ 244.85

SPARE TIRE LOCK

$ 12.45

LS DECOR INCLUDES:

DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS

REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER

AM/FM STEREO W/CD PLAYER

CHROME STYLED STEEL WHEELS

POWER LOCKS & WINDOWS

REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY WITH

CONTENT THEFT ALARM

ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS &TEMP

LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHL

BODY SIDE MOLDINGS

NO CHARGE

GVW RATING - 6,200 LB

NO CHARGE

DEEP TINTED GLASS

$ 88.81

XM SATELLITE RADIO-100 CHANNELS

OF GO ANYWHERE ENTERTAINMENT

SERVICE FEE EXTRA.1ST 3MOS.INCL

$ 269.75

REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO

$ 41.50

REDUNDANT RADIO CONTROLS

$ 103.75

TOTAL OPTIONS $ 2,892.60

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 26,031.90

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 850.00

TOTAL GMS VEHICLE PRICE* $26,881.90

-fxs

P.S.

just got my A.R.E. LS II lid to match my victory red SS paint. Looks better than I thought. The free remote unlocking upgrade is pretty sweet. Hooks up to passenger side door and unlocks lid on the second touch to your factory remote.

Been following these posts for some time and wanted to thank everyone for all of the info that you guys brought to the forum. Probably would not have moved fast enough to get one of these trucks this year without your help. Don't know what's going to happen next year, but it's already become downright impossible to get a 2004 model. If GM doesn't build anymore, we may have a "collector" on our hands. Interesting note; My truck was built in March, 04 and it has the "High Output" badge on it. The truck my bro-in-law bought was built in April, but didn't have the badge. Neither did any of the trucks that we saw on the lots in our area. All of the dealerships in our area tell me that my truck was the only one they'd seen that had this badge. It looks as if GM didn't plan on continuing the line and they ran out of badges. Weird :wtf:

I don't feel that this truck is a mimic. Just like the SS, it's an evolution of the Silverado. An evolution guided by economics, marketing, restrictions and input from consumer's :cheers: . This truck apeals to many consumers who are looking for the performance of the 6 liter, but in a more practical package (and pricetag). I know alot of people who will be dissapointed if production doesn't continue. It won't hurt my feelings if they kill it, as this will only make my truck more valuable. Kinda like the 1996 Impala SS I bought. Drove it for almost 4 years and sold it for exactly what I originally paid.

The Silverado SS is a beautiful vehicle in ALL of it's aspects and I really do enjoy logging on just to see them. You guys really do have some awesome looking trucks :thumbs:

I can't wait to see GM finally come out with a regular cab SS!! (Hang in there 2drTahoe, it's gonna happen) It won't be practical for me because my two boys and my wife seem to want to go everywhere with me and therefore I'm kinda stuck with the extended cab (for now). I'll just have to admire other people's ;)

"Good job!" to everyone who built this site. It is really set up nice and offers alot to anyone with an interest in the SS :pop:  Talk to you later :seeya:

I did look into this for you and was told the "High Output" badge is dealer installed and must be orderd by the dealer. So tell your bro-in-law to go back to his dealer and ask them to order and install it at no charge to him.

I was watching some car show on cable the other night and the guy was driving what looked to be an SS. At the end of the show it showed him doing a decent rear wheel burn out. Did anyone else see it and what's up with the burn out. I did not see it close enough to really look. My wife called me in the room when she noticed the truck

do any of u know where i look for one near me?

any webpages or something like that

thanx

I HAVE ONE WITH 600 MILES ON IT , AND NOT A SPOT ON IT. IT IS SILVER IN COLOR AND THE PLASTIC IS STILL ON THE CARPET. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DRIVEN IN THE RAIN. THE PRICE IS $30000.00 FIRM , REMEMBER CHEVROLET DOES NOT KNOW IF 3000 UNITS WERE BUILT. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF CHEVROLETS LOWEST PRODUCTION VEHICLES. PS THE WINDOW STICKER HAS $32500.00 ON

IT. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

I just bought one of these trucks and was wondering if any knows how I go about getting the Vortec High Output badge for the truck.

My brother-in-law and I both purchased our trucks from the same dealership in new orleans. Mine had the badge on it already but his didn't. The dealership didn't install the badge on my truck, it was delivered to them with the badges on it already. The dealership tried to order some for my bro-in-law. They were told that there weren't anymore. They couldn't even get a part# on it. He didn't pursue it any further. Maybe someone on this site has some better connections with GM. Have you tried giving your VIN# to your dealership to see if they have any luck?

P.S. My BIL is looking into having a local machine shop ("Orange County Choppers" type shop) create some awesome looking "6.0 HO" badges for our trucks. The "VORTEC" badges that come with it are "sleeper type" and a little too subtle for our taste. Sleepers are fun, but sometimes it's nice to be noticed without having to "STOMP IT" :cool: I'm told this Louisiana machine shop is currently working on a custom motorcycle design for Jay Leno. Hopefully, they'll give us pee-ons some attention when they're done. They say the badges are "do-able"... they just need the free time. I'll post some pic's when they are built.

Talk to you later :chevy:

I have not tried my VIN with the dealer yet. As a side not my insurance carrier does not even reconize my VIN. I will try the dealer on Monday. I took delivery today. I noticed my truck did not have the 1500 badges on it so, I figured that is where the Vortec HO badge goes.

I have not tried my VIN with the dealer yet. As a side not my insurance carrier does not even reconize my VIN. I will try the dealer on Monday. I took delivery today. I noticed my truck did not have the 1500 badges on it so, I figured that is where the Vortec HO badge goes.

That's a good thing that they don't know you have a 6.0L

I thought that my insurance was going to go up with the purchase of this truck. I went from a 2002 Z71, to this 2004 HO (that's what I call it). My insurance actually went down $2.00/month. My Allstate agent told me that my Vin# registers as a normal truck, not a "performance vehicle". I was pleased :D

If you are able to acquire the badges and would like to know exactly where they were installed....there is a picture of it in my mini-profile. The badge is placed 2" from the front, door edge and 1" above the top horizontal door seam.

Archived