2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

People,

There are no door badges on any Light Duty CK pickup (or 1500 Series). the High Output Vortec badge is a "Dealer Installed: If your Dealer is putting them on then they didn't order them. The badge should be automatically triggered to the Dealership when the truck is built. If they "buy" the truck from a different dealer than the badge goes to the original dealer.

We will start building more of the "Performance Package" (6.0 L motor 2WD) and the "Appearance Package" (5.3 L 2WD) in November 2004. They will be Extended Cabs and for 2005 Model Year they will have "Traction Control" which can be turned on/off by a button on the dash.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...2005 Model Year they will have "Traction Control" which can be turned on/off by a button on the dash...

That's cool :thumbs: Before I would never consider getting the traction control (on a RCSB of course :D ) but if I can switch it off, then I could have it on on rainy days and off for chirping tires and not stealing my torque.

New guy here. Just picked up a white HO at Smith Chevrolet in Ft. Smith, AR on June 9th. They have one left (only had two), color is silver birch, sticker price is $32,455.

Wasn't planning on buying a new truck right now (WAS going to wait until this fall), but was looking at a Z71 Tahoe for the wife when I spot the "Vortec High Output" on this truck. "What is that?" says I. The rest is history. Dealer said as of now the High Output option is not available for 2005 (but it wasn't supposed to be available for 2004 either). I was seriously considering the SS until this truck became available.

People,

There are no door badges on any Light Duty CK pickup (or 1500 Series). the High Output Vortec badge is a "Dealer Installed: If your Dealer is putting them on then they didn't order them. The badge should be automatically triggered to the Dealership when the truck is built. If they "buy" the truck from a different dealer than the badge goes to the original dealer.

We will start building more of the "Performance Package" (6.0 L motor 2WD) and the "Appearance Package" (5.3 L 2WD) in November 2004. They will be Extended Cabs and for 2005 Model Year they will have "Traction Control" which can be turned on/off by a button on the dash.

thanks again for the good info

I was at the "Y at Oakhill" here in Austin at a local get together and there was a black one there with no special badges, but the 6.0 was in there! What a nice truck, and the new wheels from GM look good! I'm bummed to here they might be a special run only.

hemi that was my cousin out there in oakhill his brother has a white 6.0ho with the vortec ho badges they both came from covert chevy in bastrop it just depends if the dealer put them on or not.i dont know if you got to hear it run or not but he dumped the exhaust over the axle and man dose that thing sound meen hauls ass to

:chevy:

One other thing for 2005 model year is they will have disc/drum brakes. Man, what a difference in stopping power. The 2005 SS will continue with the same running gear adn braking system - disc/disc.

Archived