2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Vortec HO badges on mine either. This was covered in this thread somewhere. I gave up finding the badges, too many roadblocks. I would like to have some but, no luck. I did check my exhaust system against stock SS and found it was the same with the exception of the chrome tip on the SS. I went with the B&B dual in and dual out on mine, love it. My one and only pass down the track was 15.86 @ 88 mph. Spun alot down the 60 ft. There is more there just have to drive it correctly.

I noticed my calipers are painted black up front and silver or grey on the back. Are everyone else's like this? Are the SS black up front and silver in the back? Looks kinda strange.

If anyone ever finds out where the holy grail of Vortec HO decals is please let me know.

how did you get that much tire spin out of that truck? you must have been loading the suspension too hard or keeping water on the tires. they are by far not a tire burner without trying from what i've seen.

Not sure.....the SS has AWD I do not. My 60 ft. was 2.46 so who knows. I felt it losing traction (spinning) all the way out past the 60ft. Maybe poor track conditions. There was hardly any water in the burnout box, plus I cleaned the tires real good before staging. I did do a second run with the same problem but, with a 16.10 time.

i'm well aware it's only 2wd, but with the very low stall of the converter and 275's on it, traction on any good track shouldn't be much of a problem. probably was poor track prep. what kind of tire pressure were you running?

ah, ic. with as large as these tires are i'd recomend using 24psi in the rear when racing it and 44 up front. after mildly heating them with a light burnout the pressure should come up to about 26 which is about right for full contact. try launching it off idle or close to it to avoid loading the suspension too hard. this will just make it spin from having little to no weight transfer. more playing will get it right. :thumbs:

hello, seen the picture of the "texas truck" a gay at work has one just like it but without the 6.0 engine looks nice with the same wheels and all. located in cali. :chevy:

Does this truck only appeal to "Gays"? :jester:

For the 2004 Model Year we (Oshawa) built:

957 - B4V - "Performance Package"

3889 - B2E - "Appearance Package"

As far as the exhaust I will try to find out.

The door badges are what's called an "RPA". When the order is triggered to the Plant to build, all the options are put into the system. When we have completed the vehicle and it gets to the end of the Assembly Line with no defects it then goes down what is called the "CARE" Line. They check the vehicle over again and if nothing is found the vehicle is put into "Produced" status. This is when the "RPA" is triggered. It should send a signal to the Parts Warehouse/Supplier to ship those types of parts to the Dealership the vehicle is going to. This works for an number of options - running boards, door badges etc. Anything that GM has designated as "Dealer Installed" that doesn't come in the kit that the Plant puts together. Now based on the issues we have been having with the HO door badges there is talk of bringing them to the Plant and putting them in the kit. That way we would ensure that the badges were delivered to the Dealer at the same time as the truck.

I will see if I can find you the part number for the badges.

:chevy:

For the 2004 Model Year we (Oshawa) built:

957 - B4V - "Performance Package"

3889 - B2E - "Appearance Package"

As far as the exhaust I will try to find out.

The door badges are what's called an "RPA". When the order is triggered to the Plant to build, all the options are put into the system. When we have completed the vehicle and it gets to the end of the Assembly Line with no defects it then goes down what is called the "CARE" Line. They check the vehicle over again and if nothing is found the vehicle is put into "Produced" status. This is when the "RPA" is triggered. It should send a signal to the Parts Warehouse/Supplier to ship those types of parts to the Dealership the vehicle is going to. This works for an number of options - running boards, door badges etc. Anything that GM has designated as "Dealer Installed" that doesn't come in the kit that the Plant puts together. Now based on the issues we have been having with the HO door badges there is talk of bringing them to the Plant and putting them in the kit. That way we would ensure that the badges were delivered to the Dealer at the same time as the truck.

I will see if I can find you the part number for the badges.

They only made 957 B4V trucks? Is that GMC and Chevrolet combined? The reason I ask is that everyone was saying the production would be around 3000 units. Do you have any idea how many they plan to make in '05 and if the drum brakes will be the only change for '05?

Hamur, thanks for the info. It is cool to have inside information! :cool:

Yes, the original numbers were quoted as 3000 units production for the 2004 Model Year. These are "Planning" numbers which are generated for my department to determine the impact to the Plant. There are always other issues that come up that affect those plans. The biggest contributor to a change in those numbers is -- YOU -- the customer. If there are no orders we don't build as many.

Your question about Chev & GMC combined -- Yes.

Yes there are plans to make this truck for 2005 Model Year.

Some of the changes for the 2005 Performance Package are as follows but not all:

No restriction on where you can order it. (Yea! should increase the orders)

Disc front brakes and Drum rear brakes.

Electric Cooling Fans

Regulated Voltage Control - change from running off the altenator 100%

Front Aero package - adds an extension to the bottom of the front bumper(about an inch)

There are some other changes being talked about but nothing final yet. As soon as I can finalize them I will let you know.

;)

Archived