Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

I bought my 06 VHO late October at South Anchorage Chevrolet. They were trying to get rid of them; I managed to buy it for 30K, when the sticker was at 41K. It had 55 miles when I bought it and just under 28K now.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you guys see this Green Silverado with SS badges, I can't tell if it's real or not, didnt get a chance to really check it out, but he did a little fly by at me like he wanted to race. just wanted to know if it was a real SS or a knock off.

have any of you guys had any tranny work done yet? i'm trying to find a decent shop. I want to get a shift kit, TC and some servos installed and maybe a rebuild if my tranny needs it. I was thinking of taking it to that place next to costco on dimond, they seem pretty good.

That green "SS" is a fake. Was it the one with the light bar, brush bumper, and the plate "SS4Less"? He is an easy take. :D

Have you seen the NBS VMAX in our 'hood...Tan colored with the add on "SS 4X4" stickers on the back corner? He tries goosin' me every morning. :rolleyes: I just laugh and shake my head at him. :P

B&B near costco does pretty good work. Their Sr. guy is a GM Master mech., so I am sure he has some experience with GM's. They aren't very cost concious though.

wow i dont get a chance to read the forum for a week or so and you guys take off with posts like crazy...how the weather holding up there? And i bought my ss truck in fairbanks New in july of 05 and i have 50k on it but i did drive to ga from alaska so there was 5k i shouldnt have. Still remeber the first day i had.... day number 2 i topped it out :chevy:

should i look into other shops? any you can recommend?

also, who did the drop on your truck? i really want to lower mine now :chevy:

Honestly, I would go with B&B over any others in Anchorage. Their reputation is strong and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Jim's Muffler did my drop. I don't think they are in business anymore though. Their shop was off Commercial Blvd. right behind Big O. I did the research on this forum and bought all the parts myself (all Belltech), brought them over to them and they installed and aligned. I have been using Big O for small stuff lately. Their guys are good & quick. I always get treated good there.

wow i dont get a chance to read the forum for a week or so and you guys take off with posts like crazy...how the weather holding up there? And i bought my ss truck in fairbanks New in july of 05 and i have 50k on it but i did drive to ga from alaska so there was 5k i shouldnt have. Still remeber the first day i had.... day number 2 i topped it out :chevy:

Weather is really warm for this time of year; for the last few weeks its been around 40 during the day. All of the streets are clear accept the side streets.

Honestly, I would go with B&B over any others in Anchorage. Their reputation is strong and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Jim's Muffler did my drop. I don't think they are in business anymore though. Their shop was off Commercial Blvd. right behind Big O. I did the research on this forum and bought all the parts myself (all Belltech), brought them over to them and they installed and aligned. I have been using Big O for small stuff lately. Their guys are good & quick. I always get treated good there.

When Jim left, he went to work with his brother at Taylors Trasmissions off Lake Otis. I took my truck over there to get my exhaust done by him; he did a great job like always.

***SIGHTING***

ok well i always See this red SS when i get off work... i leave elemendorf afb and go down boniface and there is a transmission shop on the left and i always see it there is that anyone of u?

and i see a blue one right across from the chevy dealer i think its called ALASKA SALES AND SERVICE - ANCHORAGE around E FIFTH AVE

anyone?

***SIGHTING***

ok well i always See this red SS when i get off work... i leave elemendorf afb and go down boniface and there is a transmission shop on the left and i always see it there is that anyone of u?

and i see a blue one right across from the chevy dealer i think its called ALASKA SALES AND SERVICE - ANCHORAGE around E FIFTH AVE

anyone?

I see that one all the time as well. My Vmax is usually parked off of Post rd.

so lez do it and get a meet @ monster wash this way all that nasty mud is off our trucks or barnes and noble lol that where i used to have my sportsbike meet.... :) just need to know the day........ and time and ill b there .... we got GI games goin on next week dont no if it will go on till next weekend so ill enjoy some 12 hour shifts with my gas mask on lol....

Archived