Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

haha...um ive had my roll pan for over a year. I bought last year on my birthady july 14th and i was going to get it filled but they said they wouldnt do it cause it would crack and this year they said they wont do it at all and want over 200 dollars more to install and paint. So im hauling it ga with me and getting it done alot cheaper.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, been busy lately. so, i kinda got some bad news... I had the 4th off but had to switch it with the first because it was mine and my lady's two year anniversary... the good news is my belltech spindles are in! i just gotta get around to ordering my leafsprings. oh and what time do you plan on heading to the track? any plans for anchorage? oh and pack, i dont care if we get a mixed crowd, i'd like to see a bunch of sss but whoever ya bring is fine wit me. the more the merrier. i get off work around 5 on saturday but i'm off sunday. let me know

alright, i got the drop installed at kreative, looks pretty good. i just think i need to turn the torsions a little more to get a slight rake.. plus i forgot to ask him to mount the new bumpstops directly to the frame so now the rear is kinda bouncy. gotta take care of that and get an alignment. any suggestions of where to get one?

sears has walk in alignments up here i would check down there and the bumpstops are easy i did that to my stock height and decided against the lowering kit till after this drive...but pics are needed

yeah ill check em out. i just now got a list of other places to check out. i gotta do the bumpstops, alignment n take pix when finished all on my next day off, which is sunday... or maybe i can do it sometime before.. ah i dont know we'll have to see. when you leaving again pack?

• 1 month later...

buy a corsa or magnaflow and install it yourself. i installed mine in the garage all by myself. something to cut the stock piping would make installation so much easier. if you go to a shop, try Classic Muffler on Old Seward. he installed my cutout and did a bad ass job. i think they carry flowmasters and other brands.

I don't think i wanna mess with the exhaust by myself... i dont have a welder and i dont want any leaks haha. ill check out classic muffler some time. i pass by it a lot. thanks bro

oh by the way, why didnt you get the electric cutouts? leak concerns? how do you like yours?

oh if only i had the money for lts.. shippings a bitch though!

oh btw any of you guys see that red ss dropped on 22s with shaved tailgate? the ss emblems on the back are replaced with TIS 22" emblems. its pretty effin clean! we were rollin side by side from the turn off of minnesota all the way down international going towards the post office... keep an eye out for him :D

corsa or magnaflow are all bolt on. hardest part of the install is gettin the old piping off. i literally snaked the exhaust over the rear axle cause i didnt have a pipe cutter. if you want to hear my corsa sometime let me know. i can help you out with the exhaust too.

also, did you install your spindles and lowering springs on your own? i'm thinking of lowering mine. but i'm kinda worried about what kind of winter we're going to have. i seriously want the truck to handle better. i'm thinking of gettin a rear sway bar and some new shocks.

about the cutout, yeah eventually i'll get the electric part, shits expensive!! hahah. i'm all about being loud and it only takes me 30 seconds to go from closed to open. when i swap my shorties out for LTs, i can't wait to see how loud it'll be.

good news/ bad news

good news ill be rejoining you guys in alaska when my military service is up in a year....

bad news....looks like lt headers and my exhaust redone is the only mod between now and they ill prolly due to saving money for the trip back up since im not sure if i can change my home of residence to alaska thru the military and have them ship me back up....

yea i had the lt's shipped to my parents house asm's plan on doing 3 in no cats elec cut outs and super 44 mufflers and go with my tips and location the same as before if not that then they will be dumped which might be a good idea anyway

Archived