Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if it was the car wash or what, but my tailgate won't shut. the only thing keeping it shut is my lid. i'm thinking that the crazy up and down sprayer thing somewhow got water inside my tailgate and froze some things in there, it kinda feels like it's stuck open on the inside.

also, what do you guys think of HP Tuners vs a mail order tune? i'm deciding between getting the HP Tuners pro and a mail order tune from Wheatley. i wonder if it's hard to learn how to tune with HP tuners. at least with that, i can tune my truck myself when i get my supercharger this summer. but i'd be scare to blow shit up, so i'm also thinking of getting a wheatley tune.

also, are TBSS's much faster than our trucks? i wouldn't say i got beat, since the guy hit the gas before i even knew he wanted to race. and when i started gaining on him, he shut down, and didnt want to catch the next light with me. it was a black TBSS with tinted windows and still has "assured" whatever plates from the dealership.

Hptuners can be used with wheatley as well. i have hptuners and i have the tune emailed to me and i save it to my pc and upload it. I like to mess with my tranny shift points to get get them just where i want. It also comes in handy when reading engine codes.

Im slowly learning how to tune. I was talking to a tuner yesterday about it when i was watching my friends mustang get dyno'd

Hptuners can be used with wheatley as well. i have hptuners and i have the tune emailed to me and i save it to my pc and upload it. I like to mess with my tranny shift points to get get them just where i want. It also comes in handy when reading engine codes.

Im slowly learning how to tune. I was talking to a tuner yesterday about it when i was watching my friends mustang get dyno'd

like he said, you can get hp tuners and have a tuner send you the file so there is no downtime. Me and an old ss owner up here in ak named GIjay on here were gonna split the cost on hptuner n have zippy tune our files after we sent him our logs. Zippy gave us the go on being our personal tuner, can't go wrong for lifetime updates right? too bad gijay's truck was wrecked n the plan never fell through.

AK04SS, if you wanna split with me, since we have the same year truck, i'm down. We both download the hptuner program onto our computers, and you can keep the cord with you since i doubt that im gonna mess with the tuning any more than you are. Or we can make some runs together, and whenever i need a retune, ill just borrow the cord from ya, install the tune on my truck, then return the cord. Get at me if you're down.

Oh and as for you tailgate, maybe there is some ice keeping it from shuttin all the way... Store the truck in the garage to melt it and see what happens?.. if you keep the truck in the garage and its still like that, then... i have no clue..

Oh and from what i've seen, the tbss run anywhere from low to mid 14's stock. so yes they usually hand us our asses.. but since you're not stock, thats a different story haha

I currently have a tune from pcmforless; I'm going to try the efi live from .justin. after the holidays.

I have forzen the tailgate on my 93 Z71, I didn't know it until I drove away and it fell open.

I only have raced one tbss and pulled pretty hard on him after turning from old seward to tudor in the two turn lanes. I have tried to get others to race me, but no luck.

I had my steering shaft replaced today at Lithia chevrolet; it had started clunking while I has turning.

I currently have a tune from pcmforless; I'm going to try the efi live from .justin. after the holidays.

I have forzen the tailgate on my 93 Z71, I didn't know it until I drove away and it fell open.

I only have raced one tbss and pulled pretty hard on him after turning from old seward to tudor in the two turn lanes. I have tried to get others to race me, but no luck.

I had my steering shaft replaced today at Lithia chevrolet; it had started clunking while I has turning.

yeah, i let the truck thaw out in the garage today and now the tailgate is fine. yeah, he hit the gas way before i knew he wanted to play. couldnt tell cause his windows were so dark. when i started to reel him in, he shut down. i've never raced a TBSS yet. hopefully it'll be a good race when i get a tune.

I Like HPTuners. and I have Zippy doing my tune's pretty much, I can get the truck close, but not dead on with my own tunning.

I have got two tunes from zippy, but I really need to get my own tunning skills uptodated. I feel bad to bug Zippy that much, i change tunning bout every two months, I add and subtract parts, and being in alaska, when it is real cold, I try to put on a bigger pully for my supercharger and re-tune, I also remove the blower at times.

To do your own tune's, you need to know exactly how and Engine work's. and how it responds to timming, air and fuel. then from there you would need to learn what all the sensors are for and how they operate. then the Final step would be learning your tunning softaware and how to get the results you are looking for. (IMO)

*i'm not quite there yet, but I got a good head start, I'm a Auto Technician, and Graduated from Denver Auto and Diesel Colledge*

BTW, I have HPTuners, and will be traillering my truck from Fairbank's to Palmer to get a time slip on it, so If You get a mail order tune,( I.E Zippy) we could meet there and I would be happy to program it in for you guys, but it cost me $50 to obtain a new licens for that specific vehicle, that buy's me the VIN rights.

~Danny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived