Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

did you have your tranny built up here? i was also thinking of doing just rear shackles. did it even out the rake of the truck, giving it a level look? which brand did you use?

Yeh, the trans was built here in Fairbank's, I have a warrenty for 750h.p application,(we will see how that goes?) LOL. Yeh I have belltech part #6400 lowering shackle. then I backed off the torsion bars jus a bit to rake the front down. Definately they way to go, its cheap and I havn't ran accross another SSS up here with the kinda "Hot Rod" stance mine has. They are waAAAYYY to high from factory to be a sport truck! (IMO) LOL.

~Danny

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want it to look sky high, park next to me! haha. and ak04ss, if you want me to order you the shackles, just let me know. I'll get em n u can just pay me back when ya pick em up. But if you do the 2" setting, you will NEED to turn the torsions because it will give you a reverse rake. Then get an alignment. As for what's new, nothing much for me... I gotta re paint my shopman bowtie because that new car wash on diamond blvd was so strong it shipped it haha. I think imma spray my air duct grills and install my vent trims at the same time... but other mods will be on hold do to xmas.oh and congrats on the truck riddler, you're gonna have to come down n show it to us sometime... Oh and i request a ride haha

right around $100 from summit racing. i'm approaching 50,xxx so i figured i'd swap em and see if i get a little hp gain at all. it's all electric. first i just got the cut out, or Y-piece put on, and i had to crawl under the truck to take the plate off when i wanted to be loud. but now i have the motorized part. i should've got it all at once but i was cheap. hahaha. not sure if i'll keep it on though, cause it hangs a little low. i'll take some pictures when it's not cold out. take a look at it if you ever see my truck on campus. that new carwash is down the road from me, i might try it out tomorrow. did it clean your truck pretty well?

also, have you been busted for your tint yet? (knock on wood). i got busted right on campus. dunno why this unmarked cop car was prowling the area, but he followed me from the hospital to UAA and gave me a ticket.

hmm... i'm about to hit 35k, thinkin about doin that too but i'm not sure...

i want cut outs but i'm not too sure about em yet... ill check yours out some time though..

the monsterwash is pretty badass. I thought it would be whack, but it really cleans it well. Its pretty much the only touchless car wash that actually cleans your trucks front and rear and not just the side. Check it out and you'll know what i'm talkin about. Its $13 but its well worth it!

And yes, ive been pulled over for my tint once, after 8 months of havin it on. But i kept it on n just payed the 160 cuz it looks too daym good to take off haha

damn haul spending more money....should spend it on the motor.... i getting my roll pan installed eventually

i keep trying to convince myself but i cant justify it.. especially if i can only really use it in the summer... i do want a roll pan and wheels.. I might start my performance modding in spring thought :D

the monster wash is bad ass!!

Told Ya! I have 3 different car washes within 5 min of my house and i still drive over to monster car wash haha

i think prices range from $9-13. if i wasnt so lazy, i would wash it myself. haha. but the 13$ is worth it if you're covered with snow. and the $9 cleaned my truck pretty well. it's on dimond, right across the street from dimond.

Archived