Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

so who's still around? i see SS's all over the place now, and i just get mad dog stares from everyone. haha. if any of you guys see me, say what's up, my SS has 17in Z71 rims on it, and HIDs, and an AEM sticker on the back.

i'm down for a meet anytime on the weekends.  :driving:

Haha, mad dog stares. Thats funny. Yah i'm down to meet up on the weekends too. As soon as i can get my truck to start. Just installed a new motor... and gettin no spark. I'll post again if i get her running anytime soon. Other than, if you see me rollin', say what up. Can't miss my plates.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did it myself in the garage. i think i could've done the install in half an hour if i had a lift and a sawzall. i had to snake the rear section over the rear axle to get the stock exhaust off. it came off in one long 10 foot section. haha. and the blade on my saw wasnt sharp enough to cut the piping. i'm thinking of turning the stock exhaust into straight pipes, for the track :yellow_loser:

think i'm just going to save up and buy some dynatech headers instead of getting the pacesetters.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! Just trying to get an SS event set up for this summer(May 26th). I've taken my truck once to the Northern Diesel Performance Truck Series races at the Alaska Raceway Park. They have a gas bracket but its small... usually 4 trucks(mine being the only SS). If nothing else we should have a meet that weekend in Anchorage(Sat Night?), and performance minded people should come out to the track and check it out - if not race, they also have test and tune or just watch. You don't have to have the fastest truck - its all about consistency. Plus - its cool to watch the diesels. If anyone is interested. Let me know and we can work out some additional details.

Where: Palmer Alaska Raceway Park

Date: May 26, 2007

Time: 1pm (i think)

• 2 weeks later...
just saw this.. i'm down!

Well - at least someone is! I see SS's everyone in town - i guess i should rock a SilveradoSS.com stick on my truck? Its crazy - i get dueces from everyone rollin' SS's but only 1 response??? Weak..... haul@ss - we will have a good time if nothing else! My truck is going in the shop TOMORROW to have the transmission built!!!!!! I'm way stoaked. More to come about the races and meet....

Hey guys -

Bad news.

I sold my SS back about 3 months ago. I picked up a new 07 Hemi 300c. Im going to drop it this summer and put some 22's on it. I have a Corsa exhaust kit ordered for it already.

I still sport the same plates. IBCNYA

If you see me. Give a honk.

375HP and AWD still. ;)

For directions to AK Raceway park check out their website. The easiest way (from fairbanks) is to go through Wasilla, pass the palmer cutoff like your going into anchorage. Get off at the Old glenn cutoff out in the flats(about 9 miles past palmer cutoff). You can only go one direction(away from the water). Follow that road about 10 miles and you will see a sign on the right. http://www.akracewaypark.com/

I haven't been out to the strip on Northern Lights. I have seen tons of Evos and Sti's in town. In fact I raced a burnt orange STi, but was destroyed. This was on my old engine when my transmission wasn't built and my turbo was leaking oil. REMATCH time ;). I might roll by this weekend if the weather is good.

Archived