Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dang... all these ssers i see in town and i'm the only active member on the board? i see lefty on once in a while makin some posts... wheres everyone else at??!!! hmm.. busy summers i guess eh? :crazy:

btw, ive noticed our thread has the most posts in this section... but nothing ever really happens lol.. just thought id point that out.. :crackup::banghead:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey whats up everyone, long time no talk. haha.

just had some warranty work done on the SS again. nothing but problems with the truck. Airbag light was flashing, ABS light flashing, heated seats stopped working, A/C stopped working. but the truck has been running great so far. it needs an autostart for the winter.

whats everyone going to be running for snow tires? last winter was kinda scary. i just gotta remember that the SS isnt an STi :lol:

also got the center caps replaced under warranty. Alaska Sales has been great with warranty work, even tho we got the truck from Chevrolet of South Anchorage. lithia laughed at me when i asked about the centercaps.

someone on the strip has a black SS that says he runs low 12s and is supercharged with nitrous. but he doesnt have a slip to back anything up :icon_bs: anyone hear of him?

also, some girl in a black SS thought she was some kind of bad ass weaving in out of traffic and tryin to race me.

is it me or are there a lot of **** SS drivers now compared to before. i used to wave at other SS drivers but all i get are mean stares in return :dunno:

The snow's creeping down to the 3,000 ft level, so it must be time for a cruise. I'd be down for a get together!! :thumbs:

Barnes and Noble works since it's right on Northern Lights - or maybe the Sports Authority lot by Dimond - lots of room.

I'm with you on the rude SS drivers. Most of them are great, but the percentage of jerks on the road rolling an SS seems to have increased - maybe they're younger guys buying used.

And I've also played with the chick that drives the black SS. I think she lives in Eagle River - I'd bet her daddy bought it for her. We traded leads all the way out to the Eagle River Walmart one night - and I ducked into the parking lot, and she circled back through looking for me. I was meeting my g/f there and she was pissed that I was "flirting" with the blonde in the black SS. Good times. :cool:

I'll try to check back and see if a date is set. Maybe if we try hard enough we can overcome that Alaskan anti-social independence. LOL! :crackup:

saw a black SS with a top on the back :eek: . friend of mine thats in the air force knows him, SSAlaska maybe?

is anyone going to run different rims/tires for winter? i didnt feel too safe driving the SS when its icy out. and tire rack doesnt sell anything for our trucks because smaller rims mess with the speedo i guess.

• 1 month later...

oh daym i didnt even see this... um... im still runnin stock for winter... i checked muffler city for 20 inch studs cause i heard they had em... $1000+ for just tires!!! so if you could afford em.. get em.. they look good but too pricey for me.. might as well get the oem silverado take offs...

Yeah.. a lot of ss assholes around town... i actually got flipped off when i waved to a guy with a black ss once... :banghead:

The girl yall are talkin about... is she the one with the 5 pc billet grill and snuglid?

Btw, Im only 17... so the "young **** drivers"... not true :D

SSAlaska is in vegas now.. so i doubt hes the one you saw...

I havent seen IBCNYA in forever on the site/road...

AK04SS, was that your truck i saw at the Cruz family's home? i live right across the street from them.

• 3 months later...

just checkin in, its been awhile. i think the red SS that lives close to me, in hidden cove, was behind me in traffic a few times, i was in my blue WRX STi.

yeah, haul_SS, that was our SS there.

can't wait for summer to come. my sister leaves for college, and i can start modding the SS!! haha.

how's everyone's truck doing in this warm weather? i'm scared of sucking water up through the AEM intake :ughdance:

Alright guys lets get this thing goin! Looks like me and ak04ss are still around.. I see lefty every now and then... IBCNYA is totally MIA haha... oh and guys we have a new friend! GIjay just moved up here recently with his blue ss. Let's just say he should be pretty quick :D I think i forgot to tell him about this thread :banghead:

I could have sworn that spring was here but the daym snow refuses to let us have nice weather!! :banghead:

AK04ss, i think your intake should be fine so i wouldnt worry too much. My truck got rear ended a few weeks ago... little cracks but doesnt look bad... Now i'm waitin on the money to roll on in so i can start moddin too!! :D Oh yeah my cats are goin bad, so im gonna go have em swapped under warranty and probably do my exhaust around the same time.. any advice on where to go guys?

I swear, when i got my truck, red was really rare.. I mostly saw black and blue ss trucks... now i dont even know... A lot of ss drivers give me dirty looks... kinda pisses me off but whatever... :banghead: If you guys see a kid drivin a red ss with a speedsturr lid, wave to me! :chevy:

• 1 month later...
Alright guys lets get this thing goin! Looks like me and ak04ss are still around.. I see lefty every now and then... IBCNYA is totally MIA haha... oh and guys we have a new friend! GIjay just moved up here recently with his blue ss. Let's just say he should be pretty quick  :D I think i forgot to tell him about this thread  :banghead:

I could have sworn that spring was here but the daym snow refuses to let us have nice weather!! :banghead:

AK04ss, i think your intake should be fine so i wouldnt worry too much. My truck got rear ended a few weeks ago... little cracks but doesnt look bad... Now i'm waitin on the money to roll on in so i can start moddin too!!  :D Oh yeah my cats are goin bad, so im gonna go have em swapped under warranty and probably do my exhaust around the same time.. any advice on where to go guys?

I swear, when i got my truck, red was really rare.. I mostly saw black and blue ss trucks... now i dont even know... A lot of ss drivers give me dirty looks... kinda pisses me off but whatever... :banghead: If you guys see a kid drivin a red ss with a speedsturr lid, wave to me!  :chevy:

Hey Alaska SS owners...

Get your butts out and clean your trucks up. Im tired of seeing dirty ass SS rides running around town.

My lil SS got backed into last weekend by my brother. Its in the shop till the 19th. Im having some stuff done along w/ the fix up. Im getting the front intakes painted out to match the black and some gate work done.

I am also having it fully detailed/buffed/clayed etc for the summer months.

I dont drive my truck to much. Probably why you have not seen me around town much. I sure as hell see alot of SS's now. Some new pewter ones. Im not a fan of that color. Just me tho.

I am looking at some new 22" Foose wheels to get. Ive not decided on which ones just yet. Pricey lil bastards.

I hope to see you all around town this summer. If you see me...give a honk. I wave/flash my brights to most SS'rs I see.

I didnt see you Haul@SS or I would haved waved. Im not an ahole.

See you all soon..

TJ

whats up IBCNYA?! been a while...

yeah i got rearended n just got the check for it a couple weeks ago... dont know if imma fix it right away though. Where are you getting the truck worked on and where do you plan to go for the detailing? cause i need one REALLY bad... :banghead:

The weather is looking great right now, kinda cold but still pretty good. Anyone up for a meet? or shall we wait a couple more months? Just let me know and i'll be there. :chevy:

Archived