Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

whats up IBCNYA?! been a while...

yeah i got rearended n just got the check for it a couple weeks ago... dont know if imma fix it right away though. Where are you getting the truck worked on and where do you plan to go for the detailing? cause i need one REALLY bad... :banghead:

The weather is looking great right now, kinda cold but still pretty good. Anyone up for a meet? or shall we wait a couple more months? Just let me know and i'll be there.  :chevy:

I took the truck to Pauls Auto Body over off Frontage going towards Diamond. He does excellent work. He gave me a break on the extra paint/labor for the intakes and gate because he is doing the big repairs also.

I plan on getting my driver/passenger windows tinted once I get the truck back. I think Shades of Competition will be doing that.

Next toys im adding are - 2 new 12" subs/deck/components/amps.

I cant wait.

We will get a meet going sometime soon. Give the other guys in the area a bit of time to get over the winter blues.

Catch you later.

TJ

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an estimate from pauls also.. They look like they do good work. Did you see the pic of the blue ss they did? Pretty nice if ya ask me... G'luck with that

I was quoted $80 i think for the passenger n driver side windows at shades, $70 at 2nd to none. If i remember correctly, lefty got his done at shades.

Let me know when you plan on gettin your audio setup... depending on the brands, i might be able to get you some good deals on stuff.

I'm gettin my grill soon, undecided on the exhaust because i might want a roll pan with custom cut throughs, but living in ak makes it a bit complicated for that... I plan on orderin a drop kit but need to find someone to install it that wont cost me a fortune. I got some offered help on another forum, but im not sure yet. I want a cam, but installs a PITA....

Me and another member are going to order hptuners sometime this summer. Let me know if you're interested, maybe we can work something out.

See you guys around

• 4 weeks later...

hey, how's everyone doin? and how are the SS's. school is out, so i'm free for any meets over the weekend. anyone know of the Blue SS with a S/C. he revved up at me on base, i was in my WRX STi. nothin new for the SS yet. i was planning on getting a Corsa exhaust and a hypertech programmer. waiting for warranty to run out before i get the S/C :flag:

btw, if anyone is interested in having their vehicles detailed, let me know. we do interior and exterior. and use porter cable DA buffers.

here's a Jaguar we did a few weeks ago. it got the Klasse AIO treatment.

wMTIyMjgyNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIyMjgyNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

and the SS last summer after it's Klasse detail:

wMTIyMjgyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Hey man how you doin? That s/c blue ss is the guy i was telling you guys about (GI Jay). He's got a radix. Him and i are planning to order hptuners sometime hopefully before summer comes... so hold out on the hypertech.. if im not mistaken, they dont even have a tuner for the ss... :banghead: but trust me.. HP Tuners is the way to go. Let me know if you guys are interested. i believe we can get any 2 yrs of the ss whether it be 03, 04, or 05.. any combination of 2 yrs... and we'll be able to tune an unlimited number of chevy trucks of those years... so maybe we can all work something out.

Oh and we have another member that lives in Wasilla. We should have a meet and drive out there in the summer :cool:

AK04SS, is that an actual business or what? looks like great work! Im gonna have to get a detail soon because i got mad swirl marks! Hopefully you can get rid of em? Also i might get some DER detailing products... Almost like zaino, just not as expensive.

You guys know of anyone that'll install a drop kit for our trucks that wont charge a whole lot? i am not paying $800 just for an install at a shop... Or... anyone willing to help me install it? haha :cheers: I dont got all the tools so that doesnt help very much either...

Hey ss-dude, if you were to get a roll pan also, who would you have install it? Plan on having in shaved/filled? or just installed and painted? I need to find a place to install mine... i know of tnt but they always seem busy and i got quoted about $500... shaved i believe? cant remember though... i gotta go get some more quotes.. i wonder if wasillas got some good shops :dunno:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You guys know of anyone that'll install a drop kit for our trucks that wont charge a whole lot? i am not paying $800 just for an install at a shop... Or... anyone willing to help me install it? haha  :cheers: I dont got all the tools so that doesnt help very much either...

Hey ss-dude, if you were to get a roll pan also, who would you have install it? Plan on having in shaved/filled? or just installed and painted? I need to find a place to install mine... i know of tnt but they always seem busy and i got quoted about $500... shaved i believe? cant remember though... i gotta go get some more quotes.. i wonder if wasillas got some good shops  :dunno:

Have you by any chance seen a black SS rolling around in Anchorage with red mirrors and trim? I barely caught a glimpse of it last weekend, but holy shit that thing looked good.

You guys know of anyone that'll install a drop kit for our trucks that wont charge a whole lot? i am not paying $800 just for an install at a shop... Or... anyone willing to help me install it? haha  :cheers: I dont got all the tools so that doesnt help very much either...

Hey ss-dude, if you were to get a roll pan also, who would you have install it? Plan on having in shaved/filled? or just installed and painted? I need to find a place to install mine... i know of tnt but they always seem busy and i got quoted about $500... shaved i believe? cant remember though... i gotta go get some more quotes.. i wonder if wasillas got some good shops  :dunno:

Have you by any chance seen a black SS rolling around in Anchorage with red mirrors and trim? I barely caught a glimpse of it last weekend, but holy shit that thing looked good.

I think i know which one youre talking about... i heard it has a vortech s/c under the hood... but who knows... :dunno:

• 1 month later...
Whoa i don't think i've ever heard of a turbo ss up here in ak?! :eek:

We havent really had a meet... only a few members are actually active on the site. I'd love to see your truck some time tho!

There is people out there! Right on brother... well, we should have a meet one day. If no one else... we can meet up. My engine is in AK drag bike machine right now... soon as they give it back to me i'll put it in and put up another post and we can meet up. Maybe we can find a dry spot in the roads somewhere!

- Trav

• 2 months later...

so who's still around? i see SS's all over the place now, and i just get mad dog stares from everyone. haha. if any of you guys see me, say what's up, my SS has 17in Z71 rims on it, and HIDs, and an AEM sticker on the back.

i'm down for a meet anytime on the weekends. :driving:

Archived